Laser Hair Removal
laser hair Removal
Made by Lumenis™, the same company that pioneered Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology, the LightSheer™ Desire laser is considered the industry gold standard in achieving permanent hair reduction. The LightSheer laser works on a range of hair colors and all skin types, including tanned skin, and has been proven to improve the appearance of razor bumps, benign pigmented lesions, sun damage and superficial leg veins in addition to removing hair. An innovative cooling device on the end of the laser wand soothes the skin after each pulse of light, ensuring that treatment is nearly pain-free.
Before your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated the day before your planned treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. No natural or artificial tanning (which includes tanning beds and spray tans) anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, toners or any irritating creams for one week prior.
- Do not apply any perfumes, deodorant or make-up to the desired area the day of your treatment.
After your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if underarm was treated.
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. Cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ jacuzzi for 3 days.
- If a crust develops, apply EltaMD Moisture Ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed.
- Contact our office if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock for the duration of your treatments.
For more information about this procedure, contact us.